Privacy Statement Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V.
Our best efforts went into this translation. Note however that in case of any unintended discrepancy between the English translation and the meaning of the original Dutch language version; the latter shall prevail.
Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V. considers privacy and the careful handling of personal data of great importance. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and protected by us. We treat all relevant data in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR). In this privacy statement, we inform you about your rights and our obligations and state what data we collect from you, for what purpose and explain how your data is stored.
Privacy-sensitive data, or personal data, is processed via the www.dldk.com service. If we use your personal data in our further contact with you, we will treat it with care. In general, Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V. may collect information from you when, for example, you send us an e-mail, have publicly disclosed your information via social media or other public platform or when you use our websites or social media. We use the information we receive to provide our services, to improve them, for marketing purposes and to offer our customers good and personalized service.
We will explain this further below.
1. How do we collect data?
Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V. may receive information from you in the following ways:
Direct from you – For example, if you send us an email with a question, use our customer service or take part in a contest organized by Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V.
Third party websites – Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V. uses the services of third parties. These third parties then act on behalf of Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V.. This Privacy Statement also applies to the data collected via the websites of these third parties, when they act as processors for Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V.. This could include the online sale of tickets for events organized by Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V. via the Eventbrite and Festicket websites.
At events – Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V. can also process data of visitors at the events it (co-) organizes, such as (with a camera) registering an event for commercial or security purposes. When entering an event location, the visitor is always informed of such processing and such data will not be shared with third parties without permission, insofar as this can reasonably be obtained, unless Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V. is legally obliged to do so.
2. What data do we collect?
Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V. may process various user data, including personal data. The data that Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V. may collect from you are:
- Contact and account details– Such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, customer number and the number of tickets purchased.
- Payment and billing information– When you purchase a ticket for financial processing and administration;
- Information posted publicly by you– Such as responses to messages posted on social media sites operated by us;
- Special information– In the event that you are disabled, we want to make sure that you can enjoy an optimal experience. To meet your accessibility requirements, we collect information about your needs. This may be information that you provide to us about your mental and physical health when applying for a wheelchair space.
3. How and why dow we use this information?
Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V. may use the aforementioned data for the following purposes:
For the execution of our agreement with you
We use your information when you enter into a contract with us (for example, to purchase a ticket) so that we can:
- Process the order;
- Accept payment;
- Be able to scrupulously comply with our agreement;
- Maintain contact with you;
- Be able to provide customer service.
For our legitimate business interests
We use your information for the following legitimate business interests:
- For our marketing purposes, to provide you with information about our events, organized by or on behalf of Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V.. This includes, for example, e-mails with information;
- To improve our product and service information and to carry out targeted marketing actions;
- For carrying out satisfaction surveys;
- For creating user statistics;
- To prevent or detect illegal behavior, to protect or enforce our legal rights. For example, to ensure that tickets come into the hands of real fans and are not resold unauthorized. As such, we may use your information to prevent misuse of our intellectual property (e.g., our brands or partners), fraud or other crimes.
Your data will not be used for purposes other than those mentioned above.
4. With whom do we share data?
Sometimes it is necessary to share your personal data with third parties. In some cases, legal obligations may require personal data to be passed on to third parties. If a court ruling obliges us to provide personal data to third parties, we will have to comply.
We may also pass on your details to our partners to display customized advertisements or, if necessary, to organize a joint activity. Our partners may use this information for marketing purposes. In this case, only the necessary personal data will be shared.
Social media buttons are included on our site. This allows the administrators of these services to collect your personal data. Personal data may also be provided to third parties in the event of a reorganization or a merger or the sale of (part of) our company.
We may engage service providers (processors) for the processing of your personal data, who process personal data exclusively on our behalf. There are also ICT service providers who offer us support in keeping our systems safe and stable. We also use third-party services to send newsletters and commercial e-mails. These are examples of parties that can be regarded as processors as referred to in the GPDR.
5. Sharing data outside the EU?
It may sometimes be necessary share your personal data with parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Depending on the circumstances of the case, this may be necessary for the performance of the contract or for legitimate business interests.
For the sending of online newsletters and mailings and the processing of data filled in on the web forms on our website, we may use service providers (processors) established outside the EEA.
Under the GPDR, personal data may only be transferred to parties outside the EEA if an appropriate level of protection of personal data is guaranteed or if a specific derogation applies. Processors outside the EEA that provide us with services in sending online newsletters and mailings and processing data filled in on the web forms on our website have a registration for the EU-US Privacy Shield. You can find more information about this on the website:
6. How do we store personal data?
Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V. does its utmost to ensure that your personal data is properly protected. Only those persons for whom it is necessary by virtue of his or her position are given access to the data relating to customers or persons we do business with. We have taken appropriate technical measures and these are regularly updated to ensure that data is securely stored. Please note however that the Internet is never 100% secure.
We do not retain data longer than necessary to provide the services you have requested. We will securely delete your data when it is no longer needed for these purposes, in accordance with our company policy.
7. Contact and access?
Don’t Let Daddy Know B.V.
1081 GK Amsterdam
If you have complaints about how we handle personal data, you can always contact us. We are happy to help you find a solution. If an amicable solution is not be possible, you can always contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
9. Changes to the Privacy Statement
Last change 08 February 2021